Church, I am excited about how God is working in you and through you. In reflecting on God’s power released in our lives and through us to others, I am encouraging all of us to walk deeper into God’s power. Let me share six ways we can grow to be more like Jesus this fall:
- Pray for Texas and give to the flood relief. Two greats organizations to give through are Convoy of Hope and Mennonite Disaster Service.
- Become part of a “JOIN THE STORY” group this fall. These are groups where we will place ourselves in the story, JOIN, the biblical story that we are looking at on Sunday mornings. We will see how God is speaking to us today, what God is teaching us today, through His Living Word. Sign up this Sunday!
- You are needed now, so jump in and serve. When we join and serve the team we are being like Jesus. Jesus came to serve people. As we serve we are loving people, developing new relationships, NOT making a life long commitment. Here is a copy of the serve brochure with lots of options!
- Pray for the opportunity to bring people to our Fall Kick-off September 10th. It’s true we will serve a tri-tip meal and have lots of fun stuff for the kids. However, more than all else, those people you bring will encounter Jesus and HIs love. That changes people’s lives! Invite those who have never been to church and those who used to go to church and have stopped.
- Buy tickets or a table and come to our LIVE THE MISSION dinner Friday night September 22nd. It will be a great time of hearing stories of what God is doing here and around the world. I am encouraging us all to buy a table and invite our friends. If you have never been this is your time to come. Follow this link and buy a table on line right now.
- Come ready to be encouraged as you hear a report during our Missions Moment from Dave Sinclair-Peters and Pastor Isaiah regarding what your investment in Myanmar is accomplishing! God is creating a movement of new churches through us all. I know you are going to be fired up!
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday at one of our gatherings:
- 8:30, 10:00 or 11:30 a.m. at main campus
- 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. at Sunnyside campus
- 2:00 p.m. at Centro Cristiano in the youth room
Let’s all walk in God’s love this week.
In God’s Grip and for God’s Glory,